What are the two fruits with the stem attached called in Costa Rica? They are granadillas in Colombia and I can't wait to try one when I go back in June! Also, they're delicious and you just eat it, no chewing or anything. ALSO, eat only one at the time. Parlez espagnol! Pas français. On est au Coste Rica. Amusez-vous bien!
Wait! The orangy fruit looks like a granadilla. The yellowish one may be a maracuyá. Although it is delicious, it's also extremely sour. Make a shake out of it in the blender with milk and sugar, or in water with sugar. Double-check with a local.
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! I had a maracuya shake yesterday. Added some sugar. It was deliciously sour. :o) Granadilla in Costa Rica as well. Going to dig into it right now.
Power went out tonight...it's really really dark when that happens.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's what darkness is--the absence of light; which is sadly uncommon up here.
DeleteWhat are the two fruits with the stem attached called in Costa Rica? They are granadillas in Colombia and I can't wait to try one when I go back in June! Also, they're delicious and you just eat it, no chewing or anything. ALSO, eat only one at the time.
ReplyDeleteParlez espagnol! Pas français. On est au Coste Rica. Amusez-vous bien!
Wait! The orangy fruit looks like a granadilla. The yellowish one may be a maracuyá. Although it is delicious, it's also extremely sour. Make a shake out of it in the blender with milk and sugar, or in water with sugar. Double-check with a local.
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE RIGHT!!!! I had a maracuya shake yesterday. Added some sugar. It was deliciously sour. :o) Granadilla in Costa Rica as well. Going to dig into it right now.
ReplyDelete