Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Preparations are under way...

April 7, 2014

Okay, I have to admit.  I have never written a blog.  I've kept journals, both written and photo, but I'm new to the blog scene.  Kind of exciting.... looking forward to documenting the great trip to COSTA RICA!!!

In preparation, the family has all been vaccinated against typhoid, chicken pox (I've actually never had them), mumps, measles, rubella, tetanus, diptheria, and pertussis.  Oh, don't forgot Hep A...we won't get that either.  Woohoo!!!

So, here's the itinerary: On Friday, April 11th, we are heading to Playa Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.  Check it out here...(Loli, the underlined words are links to a website with photos.)  And here's a pretty cool map of the peninsula.

We are flying out of Sacramento on Friday morning at 7:50 AM.  Heading for Dallas - short layover - and then on to San Jose, Costa Rica.  Bunking for the night at a Hampton Inn near the aeropuerto, and then flying out on what Natalie calls a "pond jumper" to Tambor on the Nicoya Peninsula.   After that, it's no doubt a bumpy drive to the casa on the playa.  ;o)   That's when we stock up on all the toiletries that security confiscates on our way through the airport.  Naturally I am totally prepared with bug spray, sunscreen, shampoo, lotion, etc...all in 3 ounce bottles...however, without checking baggage we run the risk of losing it all right before we hop on the plane.  Oh well, time will tell.

Okay, that's about all for now... off to slumber and sweet dreams of monkeys in banana trees.
3 more work days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment